Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Great Rush


What a week. I was rushing an interactive module for PTA (Philippine Tourism Authority) for the past couple of days and I haven't got a decent sleep (just 30 minute naps). My contact person (and ninong), Ahwel is going to present it at 2PM in the afternoon and I need to drop by the office quickly and add some more images that I forgot to take home. It is 5:30 am in the morning and I'm ready to transfer some files from my MAC to the PC (because my MAC does'nt have a USB port and my CDWriter isn't working) when the unthinkable happens... my zip drive went nuts and acted weird on the decent zip disks I put in it. You know that sound... kaklak-kaklak-kaklak, then you see a message that the files are corrupted or the mac can't read the zip disk. I was in a great panic - the sleepless nights and the effort have been put to waste by a non-cooperating zip drive. Luckily, one of the compressed files I did managed to make it through the zip disk (just one). I copied it to my PC, then copied it into a USB portable minidrive. All my hopes lie on one file - which I hope did not get corrupted or will work in my MAC in the office. I left my apartment in Antipolo around 6:30, hoping to evade the people rushing to the office. And when I got to the FX station - there were no FXs in site, the jeeps were jam packed, and there was a long queue of people. My God, the traffic is even against me! Luckily I just took a jeepney ride (managed to catch a not so packed one) - and dropped by Valley Golf, which unluckily has no FX available too. It took around 25 minutes before I caught an FX and reached the office at 9:10 am. I don't know how I did it, but I managed to churn out the project in a nick of time and into the hands of the PTA people. It really is weird - that whenever you rush things - it seems that all odds are against you.
The image I posted here is a result of last Friday's creative test. The challenge is to make an ad for the Singapore Zoo, it will be judged by this McCann honcho from Singapore. I really thought the ad was witty. He did'nt get it at first, but got the whole idea after I explained it. His input is: I should craft a better copy or sub-copy to explain the image. I just have to face it - I'm not a good copywiter :)

No comments: