Thursday, July 14, 2005

View from 34


Ayala avenue in Makati was closed the whole day today. I go to work daily via the Tamaraw FXs that are stationed a few blocks from my apartment at Antipolo. The fare costs P45. Everyday I look at the people I travel with in this short ride (looking for a nice looking chic). Sometimes I sleep, very often I listen to their wonderful stories. I wish our politicians would commute with them even for a day, listen to their woes, and see our country in the eyes of the ordinary people. Our country is in crisis because of POLITICS. I wish that a vigilante would wipe them all off and their political families. And to make things worse, the PEOPLE go on rallies where they really don't know what they're fighting for. These rallies are the reason why Ayala is closed today and I have to walk the distance just to get to work. On the way to work, I passed by these rallyists, and there are merchandise for sale (mostly GMA resign t-shirt and stuff). It was like a little flea market - with people selling food, drinks and whatever items of worth. Funny... even in times of crisis, Filipino ingenuity still shines through. And now here I am in the 34th floor of LKG tower... at this distance, I don't see their faces, even if they shout or do something ridiculous. Perhaps this is how God views the world. We are all little fleas, we say our prayers, and there is a slim chance of it getting through. But sometimes, God comes down from the 34th floor and mingles with the crowd. Looking for someone worthy of his notice.

No comments: